Caring for your vision is an important aspect of the medical care we offer at Yuma Regional Medical Center. The sooner that conditions that may affect your eyesight can be detected and diagnosed, the more effectively they can be treated. We have an ophthalmologist on staff who is experienced at treating a wide range of eye conditions, including those relating to:
- Cataracts – A clouding of the lens of the eye that can result in cloudy or blurry vision.
- Diabetes – A condition that occurs when the body cannot properly control the amount of sugar in the blood which can also lead to eye disease.
- Glaucoma – A buildup of pressure in the eye that, left untreated, can lead to vision loss.
- Pterygium – A noncancerous growth that develops on the mucous membrane of the eye.
- The Retina - The light-sensitive membrane at the back of the eye.
Our ophthalmologist also performs plastic surgery to treat conditions that involve the eyelids or tear ducts.
If you have any questions about the ophthalmology services offered at Yuma Regional Medical Center, please call 928-336-2575.
Meet your Ophthalmologist