If you or your loved ones are experiencing happiness, love, worry, anxiety, stress, sadness or other emotions caused by an illness or injury, you don’t have to travel this journey alone. Caring, compassionate support is available around the clock from one of our professionally trained and certified Chaplains or Chaplain Residents. Our Chaplains do not impose their own spiritual or religious beliefs on those they serve. They are good listeners who provide comfort and presence while respecting each individual’s personal beliefs.
There are many times when it can be helpful to speak to a Chaplain, including when:
- You receive a new diagnosis.
- You are faced with a difficult decision regarding treatment.
- Celebrating diversity within our community.
- You are about to undergo surgery or are recovering from a procedure.
- Life support has been removed from a loved one.
- You are far from home.
- Celebrating the joy of marriage.
- You have little other support to rely on.
- You need someone to talk to who will listen with a sympathetic ear.
- You are thankful for recovery or the birth of a child.
- You or a family member are being transported to another medical facility.
- You are struggling with questions about your life.
- The stresses of illness or injury are causing family conflicts.
- You would like someone to contact your faith community for you.
- You would like to receive a prayer, a sacrament or resources for growth or relaxation.
Our specially-trained Chaplains are available to provide comfort to you and your family members at a time when you need it the most. There is a Chaplain in the hospital at all times. To request a visit from a Chaplain, ask your nurse or call 928-336-2599.